Saturday, January 21, 2006

Insomnia

Is apparentely one of my first pregnancy symtoms. I have had it all week now, but at least now I know where its coming from. I also have a bad cold, and now I can't take anything for it, so sleep is definately not going to happen.

It's a weird feeling to be pregnant. I finally have what I waited so long for. I hate to say this though, but I thought all that worry from not being able to concieve would just vanish 0nce I got pregnant.Not the case. It's like it all shifted over to " what if something happens". I am trying to worry as little as possible, because I know it is completely out of my hands, but it's still hard. One of the things I hate is that I have been spotting on and off for a week. It's just brown spotting, which I heard is normal, but I still wish it would just go away.

I never thought I would find out I was pregnant the way I did. After my bloodtest I went to the airport to once again try to track down my dads empty suitcase from his trip to Budapest 6 weeks ago ( I have been going to American Airlines baggage claim since then only to have nobody be able to tell me where it is or to be told it has been flown to Dallas ). So it took me awhile to get the information of the latest place the suitcase was before I got home. When I got home Soeren jumped out the front door with the hugest smile on his face. I just thought he got an A on some homework assignment or something. He shouted " We're pregnant" and I swear I didn't even believe him.He had to say it a few times and then I think I just dropped everything I was holding and started crying.

We ended up telling Soerens parents, my parents and my best friend yesterday. Everyone was really happy.My mom even started crying. I am going to tell my uncle in Hungary this morning and then thats it until 12 weeeks. God forbid if something happens, these are the people I know I could talk to and would have wanted them to know.

Well, I guess this is long enough now. It's still only 6 a.m. and I have already been up for about 2 hours. I am gong to rest a lot today and try to get the spotting to stop.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I just cried when I read your blog entry about him jumping out the door shouting you're pregnant! What an awesome blessing! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats and H&H 9 months!!!!

(EmH from the baby boards!)

Jodi said...

Congrats!! H&H 9 Months. I knew it would happen for you soon!!!!

Wendy said...

Hi! You don't know me but I just ran across your blog. I'm in the exact same boat as you, girl - very newly preggers and praying every day that everything stays OKAY! It's impossible not to be worried about that. You're not alone. :)

Lut C. said...

Congrats! Covering new ground, that's absolutely fantastic!

It's good to see that ART actually works sometimes, and doesn't necessarily have to take ages to do so. :-)

If you're looking for other bloggers PG after ART, check out my blogroll.

Liz said...

Congrats Timea...so happy for you! I love how Soeren told you.